What is Gardening
The term gardening means growing plants. But gardening is not just about growing plants it's much much more than this. If someone tends to take gardening as hobby, he/she must adopt it with passion. It's not that easy as it seems like. It's not just about putting a seed in the soil & wait the plant to grow. It requires your care, attention & time.
If we talk about professional gardening, it may take various shapes based on the cultivation. But if someone wanna adopt gardening as hobby then it must be only flower gardening vegetable gardening or fruit gardening. These three types are a bit easier to adopt for beginners. It doesn't mean that these types are pieces of cake as they require a great effort. You will have to give them time in order to have fruitful results.
Flower gardening will provide you fresh flowers in nice & bright colors. Your home cultivated flowers will give you a sense of great pleasure.
Vegetable gardening will provide fresh vegetables. They will be equally great to eat raw or to cook as they will be free of poisonous chemicals.
Fruit gardening is a bit harder than others two & requires extra efforts. But the fruits grown at home will give you the taste that you would have never tasted before.
Importance Of Gardening
Gardening is really important for human beings. People usually adopt gardening as hobby for their leisure time but I think this thing should be done at first priority. As population is growing day by day & to accommodate such a huge number of people the forests & agricultural lands are being cultivated which is an alarming thing. This planet's ecosystem is being disturbed by human beings &
in coming future we'll have to suffer a lot. Global Warming is increasing day by day. If we didn't take
this matter in account we'll be in great trouble.
That's why based on these arguments no one can deny the importance of gardening. It doesn't mean to set up a whole garden, a single plant grown by a single person with sincerity would be a great gift to our planet. It will provide habitat to birds & bees will balance the ecosystem to some extent. Gardening will also help to fulfill the foods needs of this enormously growing population. The home grown fruits & vegetables would cost less as compared to purchased from the market. These foods will be 100% natural & healthy. Also the pollution has become a big problem now a days. Trees & plants will help to reduce pollution & provide us fresh air to breath. That's why gardening is very important.
Benefits Of Gardening
Gardening is not only important but also has many health benefits linked to it.
- Home grown vegetables & fruits give you a sense of self esteem. It makes your mood fresh & your confidence level increases.
- The exposure to sunlight provides you Vitamin D, which is very important for your health.
- Gardening makes immune system stronger & helps to work better.
- The exercise that is unknowingly done during gardening, reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Gardening also helps to relieve stress.
- The home grown vegetables will help you loose weight & avoid fatal diseases.
- Gardening helps to improve hand coordination & muscle strength.
- Gardening will give you a quality time spend with your family.
- Gardening is proved to sharpen the mental health & provide a better sleep.
- Gardening also helps in slow climate change. Little effort from everyone will give great results as a whole.
Kitchen gardening is also very famous term. In kitchen garden vegetables, herbs & fruits are cultivated & harvested for use in kitchen. It is not necessary to have kitchen garden in your kitchen. It can be any specified are to grow such things that are regularly used in kitchen throughout the year. There are many DIY Ideas that can be adopted to grow your kitchen garden.
Here I'm sharing a video tutorial about how to start your own kitchen garden. The idea can also be adopted to grow an outdoor garden.